Colors: Brown, Olive, Black
Similar to the original Fish Skulls, these shaped cones give you weight, profile and eyes all in one step. The realistic, flat and broad profile imitates common bottom-dwelling fish species such as sculpins, gobies and baby catfish. There is a slot on the "nose" to fit the hook eye through. The mini size fits hook sizes #10 - #2, and has oversized eyes and a hole for an optional weed guard. Designed to fit on the front of a hook, not slide on from the bend like a bead. Designed so the bottom of the Mini helmet is heavier so you fly is sure to ride up and not snag.
The Small size (0.05 oz. wt.) is intended for hook sizes 6 through 1 and the Large size (0.1 oz. wt.) is intended for hook sizes 2 to 2/0.
- Realistic profile: Flat and broad profile that imitates common bottom-dwelling fish species such as sculpins, gobies and baby catfish.
- Front slot: Allows for use on both hook and tube flies. The Mini and Small sizes fit a 3/32″ (2.4mm) diameter tube and the Large size fits a 1/8″ (3.2mm) diameter tube. The Mini is designed with a specially enlarged front slot to fit a wider range of hook sizes. This increased flexibility in hook sizes allows the Mini to be used in a wide variety of freshwater and saltwater streamer patterns.
- Fish-Skull® Living Eyes™: Included in a corresponding size and color, these ultra-realistic eyes act as an important trigger for predatory game fish.
- Heavyweight Keel: Distributes most of the helmet’s weight to the bottom of the streamer, ensuring it will swim in the correct position. This also allows you to tie with the hook facing either down or up. We have deliberately made the Sculpin Helmet significantly heavier than the Baitfish Head so that it will sink quickly in fast moving rivers and fish deeper near the bottom where sculpins typically live.
- Colors: Available in brown, black and olive. The matte (non-shiny) finish is perfect for the type of shy, bottom-dwelling species you are trying to imitate. The special oxide coating gives an uneven, almost blotchy, effect that has differing shades of color. For example, the brown color Sculpin Helmet is mostly a dark brown color, but will also reflect shades of black and tan at different angles giving a type of camouflage effect.
- Mini feature an innovative weed guard design and larger (more prominent) Living Eyes
- For streamers in the #6 up to 2/0 hook size range.